Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting
February 10, 2006 - February 10, 2006
Friday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
This quarterly meeting will be held at the Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel in Portsmouth, VA
- Virginia Tributary Strategies - Virginia Secretary of Natural Resources Honorable Preston Bryant and Assisant Secretary of Natural Resources Jeff Corbin presented an update on recent developments on Virginia Tributary Strategy implementation.
- MD Tributary Strategy Implementation Update - Acting Maryland Assistant Secretary, Chesapeake Bay Programs, Frank Dawson presented an update on the implementation plan process that has developed since last November.
- 2007 Federal Farm Bill Reprot: Concepts for Conservation Reform in the Chesapeake Bay Region - Exective Director for the Chesapeake Bay Commission, Ann Swanson presented about the Chesapeake Bay Commission's final report on the 2007 Federal Farm Bill.
- Wetlands Disconnect: Wetlands Act Intent vs. Local Implementation - Secretary, President ex-officio, Wetlands Watch Inc., John Blandin talked about the regulatory agencies involved in wetlands in Virginia and offers an advocacy perspective on protecting and conserving wetlands.
- Restoration of the Highly Urbanized Elizabeth River Watershed - Director of Watershed Planning for the Elizabeth River Project, Joe Rieger spoke about thevolunteer wetland creation project at the U.S. Navy/Atlantic Wood Industries site.
- Chesapeake Bay Watershed Nutrient Trading Program - VA Department of Environment Quality, Manager, Office of Water Permit Programs, Kyle Winter presented some background on the legislatiion and regulatory drivers for nutrient trading, the regulatory development process, permit requirements, and frequently asked questions
- Aligning Program Managment, Communications and Organization - Executive Director, Chesapeake Bay Program, Rebecca Hanmer gave updates on Bay Program activities, including EPA's response to the GAO reprot including how the Bay Program is aligning program management and priorities with communications and the CBP organizations.
- Navy-Atlantic Woods Industries Joint Approach Response Action - Tim, Remedial Project Manager for the Norfolk Naval Shipyard, will offer the U.S. Navy / Atlantic Wood joint response action for a wetland restoration project.
Sponsor: Citizens Advisory Committee
Export this Event (iCalendar)
The information on this Calendar regarding Chesapeake Bay Program meetings and events is accurate to the best of our knowledge.