What We Do
Chesapeake Bay Program Calendar
Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting
Date and Time
August 24, 2006 from 12:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday's meeting will be a joint meeting with the Local Government Advisory Committee.
The Chesapeake Bay Manure Management Strategies
- Overview of manure management strategies being done in PA.
Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program
- Diane Wilson with the Bureau of Watershed Management, PA Dept. of Environmental Protection reviewed PA's CREP program.
State of Chesapeake Forests
- Eric Sprague with the Conservation Fund went over the findings of the State of Chesapeake Forests report, highlighting some of the key points.
Disconnected Streams and the Legacy of Sediment Storage
- Dorothy Merritts and Robert Walter, professors at Franklin and Marshall College presented their findings on legacy sediments and their potential impact on the Chesapeake Bay.
PA Tributary Strategy for Local Watersheds and the Chesapeake BAy
- Deputy Secretary Cathy Myers, Pat Buckley and Ann Smith gave a brief background, summary and update on PA Tributary Strategy and the progress on PA's Nutrient Trading Policy
Nitrogen Reduction Function
- Jeff Wendle of CET Engineering presented this excel graph to illustrate the Annual Total Nitrogen Reduction Required to Meet CAP Loads as a Function of the Required Reduction from Current Total N Concentration.
Citizens Advisory Committee
Save to calendar >>