Local Government Advisory Committee Quaterly Meeting
June 1, 2006 - June 1, 2006
Thursday 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
This meeting will be held in Easton, MD
- Draft Meeting Minutes - DRAFT LGAC Meeting Minutes June 1-2, 2006 The Tidewater Inn, Easton, MD
- Award Presenation Picture - Newly elected chair of LGAC, Penny Gross, presents former chair, Russell Pettyjohn, with an award for his services on the Local Government Advisory Committee.
- Green Infrastructure Plan - Talbot County Council Chair, Hilary Spence, gave a presentation on the County's Green Infrastructure Plan.
- Reduced Phosphorus in Lawn Fertilizer - Gary Felton with the University of Maryland's College of Agriculture and Natural Resources went over the agreement between the Scotts Corporation and the Chesapeake Bay Program to promote reduced phosphorus fertilizer.
- Maryland's Tributary Strategy Implementation Plan Overview - Catherine Shanks with MD DNR reviewed Maryland's Implementation plan and highlighted the efforts focused on local governments.
- Easton, MD Waste Water Treatment Facility - Geoff Oxnam of Easton Utilities spoke about Easton's upgrade of their waste water facility and the new technologies they are using.
- "Ground Zero" for Growth: What about the future? - Presentation by Rob Etgen, Executive Director of the Eastern Shore Land Conservancy, on what the ESLC is doing to minimize growth on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
- Maryland Sea Grant Extension Program - Vicky Carrasco, Coastal Communties Specialist with the Maryland Sea Grant Extension Program reviews programs she is currently working on aimed at better coordinanting training and outreach to local governments.
Sponsor: Local Government Advisory Committee
Export this Event (iCalendar)
The information on this Calendar regarding Chesapeake Bay Program meetings and events is accurate to the best of our knowledge.