October 18, 2005 - October 17, 2005
Tuesday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Fourth Biennial Education Summit
- Full Summit Agenda
- Engaging Active Teachers: Advanced Training Opportunities - details programs that are successfully engaging interested teachers at a more in-depth level in experiential learning trainings.
- Syncing MWEE into the System: Long Systemic Change - state department of education representatives and their partners detail how environmental education is being integrated into the state systems.
- State Tracking Reports - presented to the Summit Leadership Forum, it is an update on the status of MWEE implementation within the jurisdictions.
- Chesapeake Bay Program Resources - gives an overview of CBP teacher resources, ranging from the NOAA B-WET Program, the newly launch ChART website, the NPS Gateways Network and the FWS Schoolyard Habitat Program.
- Farming with a Focus: Using Agriculture for MWEEs - focuses on using agriculture to teach watershed concepts.
- Techie Teachers: Bringing Technology into the Classroom - focuses on effectively using advanced technologies, such as GIS and GPS, to teach about and retore the watershed.
- Land Lovers: Land-based Restoration Projects - details how local providers are turning students into land lovers while imparting valuable information abou the watershed.
- MWEEs must Mingle: Aligning MWEE into the Curriculum - focuses on how MWEEs are not add-ons to instructional programs, but rather a valuable teaching tool to teach everything from math and reading to civics and biology.
- Getting Wet: River & Bay Restoration Projects - details water-based restoration projects directly addressing the issues of water quality by gitting students actively involved in growing and planting aquatic vegetation.
- Generic Press Release - provides participants with content to be used in local and/or school publications.
- Summit Participant Contact Info. - an alphabatized listing of attendees names, organizations, addresses, phones and emails (including a comprehensive list of "just" emails for easy emailing purposes)
- 2005 Education Summit Report
- Education Summit 2005 Evaluation Results
- 2005 Education Summit Program - Integrating Meaningful Watershed Educational Experiences into Classrooms
Sponsor: Education Workgroup
Export this Event (iCalendar)
The information on this Calendar regarding Chesapeake Bay Program meetings and events is accurate to the best of our knowledge.