by Joan Smedinghoff
May 31, 2019
If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, look no further than the Chesapeake Bay Program’s events calendar. There, you’ll find nature workshops, educational activities, trash clean-ups, invasive plant removals and much more, including:
- Cultural events like the Festival del Río Anacostia.
- Races like the General Clinton Canoe Regatta.
- Paddles at places like Mallows Bay.
- Volunteer events like this archaeological dig.
- Art installations like Anacostia Unmapped 2.0.
- Hikes at places like the Antietam National Battlefield.
The calendar is also the primary source for all events celebrating Chesapeake Bay Awareness Week. Beginning in 2016, Chesapeake Bay Awareness Week is a time celebrate the cultures, history and natural beauty of the nation’s largest estuary. Businesses, government agencies, nonprofits and residents are encouraged to commemorate the week with events, activities and educational programs to acknowledge the significance of the Bay.
Are you hosting an event? Fill out this form to list it on the calendar.