2015 Chesapeake Executive Council Annual Meeting (.PDF)
Announcement of Agreement Management Strategies Expected
On Thursday, July 23, the Chesapeake Executive Council (EC) will hold a public meeting and press event during which they are expected to announce the completion of the long-anticipated strategies for meeting the goals of Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement, signed last June. The council meets once a year to set the goals and provide guidance for the Chesapeake Bay Program partnership.
These management strategies are the culmination of year-long collaborative efforts by scientists, policy experts and the public. With them in place, Bay Program partners now have the structure that will guide their collective and jurisdictional work toward a restored Bay ecosystem.
For more detailed information as it becomes available, visit the 2015 Executive Council meeting webpage.
- The Honorable Terence R. McAuliffe, Governor, Commonwealth of Virginia (EC Chair)
- The Honorable L. Scott Lingamfelter, Chairman, Chesapeake Bay Commission
- The Honorable Muriel Bowser, Mayor, District of Columbia
- The Honorable Gina McCarthy, Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- The Honorable Boyd K. Rutherford, Lieutenant Governor, State of Maryland
- The Honorable David Small, Secretary, Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Control, State of Delaware
- The Honorable John Quigley, Secretary, Department of Environmental Protection, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Jenny Zeng, Associate Director of Federal Affairs, Gov. Cuomo’s Office, State of New York
- The Honorable Ann Mills, Deputy Under Secretary, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- The Honorable Karen Hyun, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Fish, Wildlife and Parks, U.S. Department of Interior
Meeting & Press Event - US National Arboretum, Visitor’s Center
Address for GPS: 2400 R. St., N.E., Washington, DC
Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:15-1:15p.m.
The National Arboretum is open to the public during this event. All are welcome to attend.
Press RSVP by 7/22: Margaret Enloe, email@example.com or 410-267-5740.
If you have any questions, need additional information or would like to arrange an interview, please contact:
Rachel Felver Director of Communications (410) 267-5740