At the meeting, the Executive Council launched ChesapeakeStat, an online tool to increase accountability and improve coordination of Bay Program restoration activities. ChesapeakeStat:
- Presents comprehensive information about Bay Program activities, funding and progress toward goals.
- Allows Bay Program leaders, federal and state agencies, local governments, non-governmental organizations and members of the public to use the same information to track and plan restoration efforts.
- Highlights local restoration activities by allowing people to upload photos and videos to a map.
In addition to launching ChesapeakeStat, Executive Council members discussed restoration work done since the last Executive Council meeting in May 2009 and progress on the Chesapeake Bay Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL).
Executive Council members spent part of the afternoon with Baltimore students restoring a wetland.
Executive Council Members in Attendance
- Robert Perciasepe, Deputy Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Martin O’Malley, Governor, Maryland
- Robert McDonnell, Governor, Virginia
- Adrian Fenty, Mayor, Washington, D.C.
- Thomas “Mac” McLain Middleton, Chair, Chesapeake Bay Commission
Video of 2010 Executive Council Meeting News Conference