Scope and Purpose
The charge of the cross-sector Watershed Technical Workgroup is to provide a forum for communication and discussion between and among the jurisdictions and other CBP participants on technical issues related to Best Management Practices (BMPs), Chesapeake Bay Watershed Model processes, and management strategy development and implementation. Functions include:
• Support the Water Quality Goal Implementation Team (WQGIT) and the greater Bay Program partners in implementing management strategies to achieve the nutrient and sediment reductions necessary to restore the Bay.
• Review and approve the recommended BMP definitions and efficiencies from source workgroups and local jurisdictions, in collaboration with the Scientific and Technical Advisory Committee (STAC) and WQGIT workgroups. Ensure that BMPs are consistent across sectors.
• Review and approve how BMPs are simulated in the Watershed Model to ensure that the assumptions accurately reflect real world conditions and are consistent and equitable between the different sectors.
• Review and approve how BMPs are tracked and reported by CBP partner jurisdictions and agencies for use in the Watershed Model to ensure that the assumptions accurately reflect real world conditions and are consistent and equitable between the different sectors.
• Provide technical review & recommendations to the CBP Modeling team on Watershed Model Processes and input data.
• Review and/or assess scoping scenarios, as needed.