U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
- Application Due
- September 29, 2023
Specific duties include:
- Develops and updates the major goals and priorities of USGS Chesapeake Bay science activities, incorporating both USGS and partner perspectives by engaging with internal and external groups.
- Implements the Chesapeake science strategy by managing funding and activities of a large team of teams. Provides oversight and guidance to the Associate Chesapeake Coordinator and team leadership.
- Serves as the USGS lead in communicating Chesapeake Science within USGS and to partner agencies, non-profit groups, and others. Works with scientists to translate and communicate science to a non-scientific audience.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with science and resource management organizations. Collaborates and innovates to implement integrated approaches to meeting stakeholder needs.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by background investigation.
- Selectee may be subject to serving a one-year probationary period.
- More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information.
- Because this position requires travel for official business, the selectee will be required to apply for a charge card within 30 calendar days of appointment. Individuals who have delinquent account balances from a previous Government charge card will be required to satisfy their existing obligation before a new card can be issued.
- A background investigation will be required for this position. Continued employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
- Throughout the recruitment and hiring process we will be communicating with you via email; therefore, it is imperative that the email address you provide when applying for this vacancy remains active. Should your email address change, please notify the point of contact identified in the vacancy announcement as soon as possible so that we can update our system.
The position is open to the public and federal employees who meet the definition of "surplus" or "displaced".