On Tuesday, October 4, 2016, the Chesapeake Executive Council (EC) held its annual meeting to set goals and guidance for the partnership at the Virginia State Arboretum in Boyce, VA.
During this meeting, members of the council adopted a resolution to support and collaborate with local governments and noted the signs of resiliency that are beginning to be seen throughout the Chesapeake Bay watershed. The Executive Council also heard from Chesapeake Bay Program Director, Nick DiPasquale, who discussed the partnership’s work over the past year, and Brigadier General William Graham, who presented the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Chesapeake Bay Comprehensive Plan.
As chair of the Executive Council, Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe presided over the public meeting and press conference following a private luncheon at the Virginia State Arboretum in Boyce, VA.
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. ET - Public Poster Session and Q & A with Subject Matter Experts
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. ET - Executive Council Private Breakfast
- 11:05 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET - Public Meeting and Press Conference
- 12:00 p.m. ET – Meeting adjourns
- The Honorable Terence R. McAuliffe, Governor, Commonwealth of Virginia (Executive Council Chair)
- The Honorable Thomas Wolf, Governor, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- The Honorable Thomas McLain ‘Mac’ Middleton, Chairman, Chesapeake Bay Commission
- The Honorable Gina McCarthy, Administrator, Environmental Protection Agency
- The Honorable Ben Grumbles, Secretary, Department of the Environment, State of Maryland
- The Honorable Kara Coats, Deputy Secretary, Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, State of Delaware
- The Honorable James Tierney, Deputy Commissioner for Water Resources, Department of Environmental Conservation, State of New York
- The Honorable Beverly Perry, Senior Advisor, District of Columbia
- The Honorable Brigadier General William Graham, Commander and Division Engineer, North Atlantic Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- The Honorable Robert Bonnie, Under Secretary Natural Resources and Environment, U.S. Department of Agriculture
To view photographs from the 2016 meeting of the Chesapeake Executive Council, please visit our Flickr set.
News Release and Meeting Materials:
- Media Release
- Executive Council Meeting Member Quotes
- Media Advisory
- 2016 State of the Program
- 2016 State of the Program: GIT Updates
- Citizens Advisory Committee Report to the Executive Council
- Local Government Advisory Committee Report to the Executive Council
- Scientific & Technical Advisory Committee Report to the Executive Council
- Backgrounder: FY16 Rivers of the Chesapeake
- Backgrounder: Local Government Engagement Resolution
- Backgrounder: Riparian Forest Buffers
- Backgrounder: Watershed Finance Symposium
- Chesapeake Executive Council Resolution to Support Local Engagement
- Fact Sheet: A Joint State-Federal Strategy to Accelerate Nutrient Load Reductions in Pennsylvania’s Chesapeake Bay Watershed