Posted: June 17, 2021
Environmental Health Data Coordinator
Virginia Department of Health
The Division of Data Management and Process Improvement, Office of Environmental Health Services is excited to announce their search for qualified individual to serve as the Environmental Data Analyst with strong quantitative and analytical skills for a wage opportunity. Please see the qualifications listed below prior to applying for the position.
Position is responsible for:
- Data acquisition and data management for onsite sewage systems to support VDH’s efforts toward the Chesapeake Bay Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL).
- Coordinates data collection/Analysis/visualization using R/Python/SQL and ArcGIS, performs data integration and predictive modeling, provide feedback to program staff for data entry and data quality assurance activities, update Best Management Practices (BMP) database and related instruction documents.
- Works with local health departments and works with local governments to complete the onsite septic inventory.
- Makes measurable progress on completing electronic inventory of alternative onsite and discharging sewage systems in enterprise database.
- Participates in Chesapeake Bay Program meetings and webinars as needed, attends Planning District Commission meetings Watershed Implementation Plan (WIP) III meetings, as needed.
- Consults with external agencies and data providers for acquisition and updating of data not generated within VDH.
- Presents data and publications in meetings, conferences, journals, as needed.
- Provides VDH data products to external agencies and interested parties as requested and/or as outlined in established data sharing agreements.
- Occasional travel may be required.
This is a grant funded wage position and cannot exceed 1500 hours within a 365 day period beginning May 1st through April 30th. Funding source is reviewed annually.
This is a wage position with no benefits. $21.10 - $27.88 hourly.
How to Apply
Visit the department's website for information on how to apply: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/228418