On Thursday, September 5, 2019, the Chesapeake Executive Council will hold a public meeting and press event during which they will set goals and provide guidance for the Chesapeake Bay Program. The council, established by the Chesapeake Bay Agreement of 1983, meets on an annual basis.
During the meeting, the council will acknowledge the recent completion of their Phase III Watershed Implementation Plans and recommit to meeting the goals set forth under the Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement and the Chesapeake Bay Total Maximum Daily Load to restore and protect the Chesapeake Bay, as well as their local waterways. Each member of the Executive Council will have the opportunity to give remarks and hear updates from citizen, local government and scientific and technical representatives.
For more detailed information as it becomes available, visit the 2019 Executive Council meeting webpage.
- The Honorable Larry J. Hogan, Jr., Governor, State of Maryland (Executive Council Chair)
- The Honorable Ralph S. Northam, Governor, Commonwealth of Virginia
- The Honorable Tawanna Gaines, Chair, Chesapeake Bay Commission
- The Honorable Andrew Wheeler, Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- The Honorable Austin Caperton, Secretary, Department of Environmental Protection, State of West Virginia
- The Honorable Shawn M. Garvin, Secretary, Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, State of Delaware
- The Honorable Patrick McDonnell, Secretary, Department of Environmental Protection, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- The Honorable Jim Tierney, Deputy Commissioner for Water Resources, Department of Environmental Conservation, State of New York
- The Honorable Rashad Young, City Administrator, District of Columbia
- The Honorable Richard Fordyce, Administrator, Farm Service Agency, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Meeting & Press Event: Oxon Hill Manor
- Address: 6901 Oxon Hill Road, Oxon Hill, MD 20745
- Thursday, September 5, 2019
- Public Poster and Video Session: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. ET
- Public Meeting and Press Conference: 12:35 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET
- All are welcome to attend the public meeting.
PLEASE RSVP BY 8/30/19: Rachel Felver, email@example.com or (410) 267-5740