On Thursday, October 19, 2023, the Chesapeake Executive Council will hold a public meeting and press event where they will reflect on the successes, challenges and lessons learned from the past 40 years to inform the next phase of watershed restoration. To honor the 40th anniversary of the Chesapeake Bay Program, Maryland Senator Ben Cardin will offer remarks to the council.
During the meeting, the council will acknowledge recommendations put forth by the Chesapeake Bay Program’s Principals’ Staff Committee in response to the request issued at last year’s meeting to outline the necessary steps needed to meet the targets of the Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement outcomes. Each member of the Executive Council will be invited to give remarks and will hear updates from the partnership’s three advisory committees. More detailed information can be found on the October 2023 Executive Council meeting website.
The Chesapeake Executive Council was established by the Chesapeake Bay Agreement of 1983 to set goals and provide guidance for the Chesapeake Bay Program. The council meets on at least an annual basis.
- The Honorable Janet McCabe, Deputy Administrator, Environmental Protection Agency (Acting Executive Council Chair)
- The Honorable Wes Moore, Governor, State of Maryland
- The Honorable Scott Martin, Chair, Chesapeake Bay Commission
- The Honorable Shawn Garvin, Secretary, Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, State of Delaware
- The Honorable Richard Jackson, Director, Department of Energy and Environment, District of Columbia
- The Honorable Rich Negrin, Secretary, Department of Environmental Protection, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- The Honorable Travis Voyles, Secretary, Department of Natural and Historic Resources, Commonwealth of Virginia
- The Honorable Scott Mandirola, Deputy Cabinet Secretary, Department of Environmental Protection, State of West Virginia
- The Honorable Jim Tierney, Deputy Commissioner for Water Resources, Department of Environmental Conservation, State of New York
Thursday, October 19, 2023 from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET
National Arboretum, Visitors Center Auditorium
3501 New York Avenue, NE
Washington, D.C. 20002
To access the public meeting and press conference virtually, please register using this link:
(Meeting room will open 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting)
Media are invited to participate in-person or virtually. Please RSVP to Rachel Felver, Chesapeake Bay Program Communications Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, October 17, 2023.