On Wednesday, December 15, 2021, the Chesapeake Executive Council will hold a public meeting and press event where they will hear an update on the activities that have taken place since the signing of the historic diversity, equity, inclusion and justice directive in 2020. Additionally, the council will review the partnership’s progress toward achieving each outcome in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement by 2025, and each member or designee will provide remarks. More detailed information can be found on the December 2021 Executive Council meeting website.
The Chesapeake Executive Council was established by the Chesapeake Bay Agreement of 1983 to set goals and provide guidance for the Chesapeake Bay Program. The council meets on at least an annual basis.
- The Honorable Ralph S. Northam, Governor, Commonwealth of Virginia (Executive Council Chair)
- The Honorable David Bulova, Chair, Chesapeake Bay Commission
- The Honorable Janet McCabe, Deputy Administrator, Environmental Protection Agency
- The Honorable Shawn Garvin, Secretary, Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, State of Delaware
- The Honorable Ben Grumbles, Secretary, Department of the Environment, State of Maryland
- The Honorable Basil Seggos, Commissioner, Department of Environmental Conservation, State of New York
- The Honorable Russell Redding, Secretary, Department of Agriculture, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- The Honorable Tommy Wells, Director, Department of Energy and Environment, District of Columbia
- The Honorable Scott Mandirola, Assistant Secretary of External Affairs and Chief Science Officer, Department of Environmental Protection, State of West Virginia
Wednesday, December 15, 2021 from 12:30 p.m.- 1:30 p.m. EST
East Reading Room—Patrick Henry Building
1111 E Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23219
To access the public meeting and press conference virtually, please register using this link:
(Meeting room will open 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting)
Media are invited to participate in-person or virtually. Please note that everyone attending the meeting in-person will need to wear a mask at all times. Please RSVP to Rachel Felver at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 13.