Scope and Purpose
The overarching goals of the USWG is to facilitate the implementation of stormwater controls to achieve the necessary pollutant reduction planning targets as defined under the 2010 Chesapeake Bay TMDL (Bay TMDL); and to support the efforts of the Workgroup members’ state and local stormwater initiatives. The Urban/Suburban Stormwater Workgroup was formed in 2000 to address all stormwater issues, include nutrients, sediment and chemical contaminants. By working with local governments, the Chesapeake Bay Program can encourage the development and implementation of emerging urban stormwater practices to improve their water quantity and quality function.
• Supporting the WQGIT on urban and suburban stormwater issues.
• Providing data and support to CBP stormwater modeling efforts.
• Reviewing stormwater BMPs.
• Addressing issues of interest to workgroup participants
• Promoting innovation in the field of stormwater.